Hello from Datchet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rebel Ian

Everyone in Slough knows someone who works for Mars. I have more chocolate and sweets in my kitchen cupboards than I know what to do with!!

Norm

Everyone in Slough knows someone who works for Mars.
That is not limited to Slough. :biggrin:

hotmetal

A belated hello from me, also a fellow Datcheteer, Datchoid, Dachshund, whatever we're called…
I'm similar to your good self, relative newby to road riding, 1000miles up on the road bike, a black/blue Giant TCR.
70 milers would be OK assuming pace not too mad. I'm 42 (but feeling 52 at the mo).

There's a group out of Denham on Saturday and Sunday mornings that might suit you if you fancy group riding. I rode with them a lot last year but lost my fitness over winter :blush: and now don't dare go back until I get back up to speed…

Norm

Nope, not just the pies. :blush:

I've worked for a couple of companies on the trading estate, I swear there are a million calories in every lungful of air over there. :laugh:

Rebel Ian

Nope, not just the pies. :blush:

I've worked for a couple of companies on the trading estate, I swear there are a million calories in every lungful of air over there. :laugh:

Ah so it's cycling through the trading estate that's done it. There was me thinking it was the copious amounts of red wine and curry I consume!

OP
OP
M

Mark W

Hi Hotmetal, good to meet another Datcharoonion, or whatever we're called!

I've only done 70 milers a couple of times, I normally do 30 to 40 miles with no break and normally fairly flat.

Let me know if you fancy a meet and a ride some time.

Cheers,

Mark

stevelinus

im in datchet too just started riding again before xmas if you see me on my all yellow giant tcr 1 say hello or even better if anybody fancies going out for a spin give me a shout, it just sucks i work sundays so cant join a lot of the clubs runs. anyway drop me a private message and we can exchange details

Kies

Holy thread resurection!!!!

@stevelinus i know your new, the msg before yours was posted 10 Jun 2011 :welcome:

Top Bottom