Hello from London!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darkmarkster

Über Member
Just thought i'd say hello,I live in London and have been cycling most of my life although only on road bikes for aroud 3-4 years.

Im currently riding a Trek 1.7 whilst waiting eagerly for my Trek Madone 4.9 to arrive which should be here in the next week or so!

Besides the commute to work my main type of riding is Sportives & Touring.

Hope to chat more with you all soon!

Mark :tongue:

G'day Darkmaster! :tongue:

Welcome to the forum! That's a cool bike your waiting on! I'm very near to getting a Mad One 4.5 and I think that's sexy!

Enjoy yourself here (and on the road) and look out for the London chapter of CC's evening/weekend rides.

bauldbairn

Welcome to the CC forums Mark(darkmarkster). :sad:

Hope your going to post pictures of your new bike when it arrives. ;)

Good luck with the Sportives and your Touring.

All the best.

OP
OP
D

Darkmarkster

Über Member
Hey hey :biggrin: thanks for the messages,Will do that,It should be here within a week or so,There was a 4 week wait at my local Trek dealer because they had no 56cm frames left in Europe :wacko:

OP
OP
D

Darkmarkster

Über Member
thanks,Im in Leyton East london

..all the madoners will be jumping onto the thread soon making us mere mortals feeling envious (just joking!).
It's such a great feeling getting a new bike...and then of course those all those other 'must have' extras to pimp it to the max!

OP
OP
D

Darkmarkster

Über Member
thats the thing you see,now the bikes on its way I cant stop looking at extras,but the extras eventually add up to be the same as the cost of the bike! lol,Ive already bought some of these pedals:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Shimano_Dura_Ace_PD7810_Pedals/5360027289/ and will get the comp soon just waiting to see if anyone here has it for a little review possibly.I actually got a great deal on the pedals as my LBS sold them to me at cost price as im a regular customer and they said they appreciated me supporting the local establishment :biggrin: get quite a lot of deals like that i.e half price or no charge on labour etc.

OP
OP
D

Darkmarkster

Über Member
ChristinaJL said:
I'd love a posher bike!!! Please post photos when you get your new'un!! :biggrin:

I will do just that! Off topic but was it you who had a range of carradice saddlebags I believe? Have you got the barley?

ChristinaJL

No carradice bags in the house at present, hopefully my wiggle order will arrive tomorrow. :biggrin: I ordered the barley for my road bike and the camper longflap to sit on the touring bike's rack. Hope they fit. :smile:

OP
OP
D

Darkmarkster

Über Member
ChristinaJL said:
No carradice bags in the house at present, hopefully my wiggle order will arrive tomorrow. :biggrin: I ordered the barley for my road bike and the camper longflap to sit on the touring bike's rack. Hope they fit. :smile:

Awesome,Let me know how much you can fit in the Barley when you get it please,I currently have the Super C which fits more than enough for light touring but i was wondering if it was possible to scale it down into something smaller as the Super C has more space than i currently require as most of my trips are based with B&B accomodation so only essentials are required.

Would like to have a better storage solution for the upcoming C2C & Tyne-Invern that im doing.

Top Bottom