Hello from Norfolk and/or Normandy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there, I've just joined, so here's the requisite intro...

I've been cycling all my life (well, since I could balance), having been created by two cycle-touring parents (I went on a week long trip to Norway six months before I was born, apparently).

I did a little bit of cycle touring when I was young, with my dad - one trip round East Anglia on a pre-war tandem and to Yorkshire the following year on solo machines (with one saddle bag each. No idea how we managed to cram all our stuff in), both times using YHAs.

My main focus for the last couple of decades has been mountain biking and I've been getting my two-wheeled camping tours with a motorbike instead. However, I'm getting the itch to use my own legs to go touring now. My wife isn't quite so keen to jump in at the deep end, so I reckon we'll be starting off taking our camper van with us and just going off for the day or maybe with one night away before returning to the luxury of the camper van.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
:hello: In case you're nearby: some of us are riding around King's Lynn on Thursday evening 7pm-8pm from South Quay Pontoons, then heading off for a hundred miles around the fens 8am Saturday from Lynnsport (which is described on the rides board and elsewhere).

Many thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure I'm ready for 100 milers yet. Fifty is more my limit at the moment, although I'm working upwards again. I'm about 45 miles from King's Lynn, so it's not too far away.

All I remember about riding in the Fens is that no matter which way you're headed, it's always a head wind!

Hi there, I've just joined, so here's the requisite intro...

I've been cycling all my life (well, since I could balance), having been created by two cycle-touring parents (I went on a week long trip to Norway six months before I was born, apparently).

I did a little bit of cycle touring when I was young, with my dad - one trip round East Anglia on a pre-war tandem and to Yorkshire the following year on solo machines (with one saddle bag each. No idea how we managed to cram all our stuff in), both times using YHAs.

My main focus for the last couple of decades has been mountain biking and I've been getting my two-wheeled camping tours with a motorbike instead. However, I'm getting the itch to use my own legs to go touring now. My wife isn't quite so keen to jump in at the deep end, so I reckon we'll be starting off taking our camper van with us and just going off for the day or maybe with one night away before returning to the luxury of the camper van.
Welcome to CC.

mjr

All I remember about riding in the Fens is that no matter which way you're headed, it's always a head wind!
Mostly and there's nowhere to hide. We've grovelled along at 6mph for miles before... but on the return that time, it was 30+mph on the flat, or 20 if you freewheeled :laugh:

I thought I'd mention the hundred because it's the last of this year. We've other rides from 6-60miles over the next few months on our website and Facebook and ride social and so on

Apropos of nothing, I watched the Tour of Britain from Old Buckenham last weekend.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Hello and a belated welcome from another swampy

@mjray where do you advertise these rides ? I can only ever find the ones which are over .

I ride with BUG too so can answer this on behalf of MJ.
The website is : www.klwnbug.co.uk
We ride almost every weekend on either the Saturday or the Sunday. Rides start from Lynnsport in King's Lynn at 10am and we genuinely ride at the speed of the slowest rider (normally me!)

Reactions: mjr

HelsBells Cambs

[QUOTE="

All I remember about riding in the Fens is that no matter which way you're headed, it's always a head wind![/QUOTE]

Always!! It's why we have so many wind farms!

mjr

The website is : www.klwnbug.co.uk
We ride almost every weekend on either the Saturday or the Sunday. Rides start from Lynnsport in King's Lynn at 10am and we genuinely ride at the speed of the slowest rider (normally me!)
Thanks. Some rides also get advertised on Facebook, rideSocial, street life, CC and/or BBC get inspired, if a volunteer gets time, which we sadly often don't: more help would be welcome!

Top Bottom