Hello from Northamptonshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kazd

Just popped in to say Hello, I have just bought a new bike with the aim of getting a little fitter. Currently overweight, 49 and totally unfit.

Octet

Veteran
Welcome to the forum!

Good luck with the goals, and looking forward to hearing your progress!

AnneW

Über Member
Kazd: Just popped in to say Hello, I have just bought a new bike with the aim of getting a little fitter. Currently overweight, 49 and totally unfit.

:welcome: and snap! Thanks to my bike I'm less fat and getting fitter. Good luck with your goals.

OP
OP
K

Kazd

Thank you for your responses.

So here is the burning question, realistically how far do you think you would have to cycle each day to start to see an improvement in tone and maybe some weight loss.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
thats a tough question , a lot will depend on how much improvement in tone and weight loss you want to see , get to enjoyimg it first then start trying to increase time and distance and see what happens

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
10 miles.

A bit of a random guess, but it is very much based on how fast you want to ride. gb155 on here has achieved stunning weight loss based on a relatively short commute (roughly this distance IIRC), but at very high intensity (every day is a Time Trial). Not to knock the work he does during the weekends, but he does credit the commute as loosing weight without loosing time. Me, I do a 12 mile there-and-back commute (2 x 6, if you are still confused), again at "every-day-is-a-time-trial" intensity, have upped my calorie intake considerably, and have lost 2" around the waist and 1.5 stone in weight (can't believe I've gone so imperial).

However there is the proviso that you can't eat any more food (or not much more), which can be difficult if the hunger from the riding is too tempting not to address.

Top Bottom