Hello from sunny Preston!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carolineb

Regular
Hi, my name is Caroline and I have just got back into cycling after about a four year break when I used to commute. What has spurred me on was the opening of the Guild Wheel, a cycle path that circles the City of Preston over 21 miles. This was created to celebrate Preston Guild 2012 (a week long celebration which only occurs every 20 years) It is a fantastic legacy and it is great to have a route that allows people to enjoy cycling away from traffic! I have done the route twice now but would really like to find some other local cyclists to go out with either to do the Guild Wheel or do a longer rides with more hills!
The main reason i joined this forum was to pick up lots of cycling tips and hopefully meet some new friends!
Caroline

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Hello new friend!:cheers:

pally83

Über Member
Ey up Caroline.

Formerly of Preston meself, moved to Buckshaw earlier this year. Some cracking cycling country around Bowland. With many hills.

Enjoy!

Ajay

Veteran
Hi Caroline, and welcome!
If you're in the north side of Preston, I'd recommend having a look at the Garstang Cycling Club, very friendly, and with different rides to suit everyone. (Good mix of male/female/age too).

OP
OP
Carolineb

Carolineb

Regular
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
Paul where do you live now that it takes 100 mile round trip? Wow that is a long way and sounds like it may have a few good hills along the way! It may be a while before I build up to that length of ride! How long is your average kind of ride?

Thanks Aja for the tip on the Garstang cycling club - i will google them. Hopefully they do beginners rides as I'm not sure I'm up to cycling round the Lakes just yet!
Caroline

Christopher

Über Member
Hi
You might want to PM local rider Kiwi-Sal who lives near Preston and rides with a local club. There are also some 'Breeze' women-only rides being advertised. There aren't many Preston forum rides (if any) but there are local clubs - I am in one but we have limited club runs and are primarily a club for youth riders/development and cyclo-crossers. You would have better luck with Preston Wheelers, Ribble Valley etc. The CTC isn't very active in Preston.

Top Bottom