Hello from Sunny Scarborough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DeepBurn

Über Member
Hi everyone,

Been lurking arund this forum for a couple of days gaining lots of great tips about cycling.
I've done a little cycling in the past but never consistently.

I'm 28, a little heavier than I would like (and used to be!) and really see cycling as a way of getting back into shape. I'm a naturally fit person and I'm confident that once I get into cycling as a routine the excess weight will fall off me.

One of my main goals is to complete a Triathlon sometime in the next 5 years.

The last time I did any cycling of note was Easter 2009 when I attempted the Coast to Coast from Boot in the Lakes to Tynemouth in 2 days. After doing 80 miles on day 1 I didn't feel able to complete day 2 as I hadn't done any training and really felt it once I got out of the saddle! lol!

Anyway I'm going to keep looking at threads on here, start a blog that tracks my progress as I get back into shape & ultimately train for the Triathlon I really want to do. I look forward to chatting to you all.

First things first though I need to buy myself a suitable road bike.......

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: did you forget sunscreen? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
DeepBurn

DeepBurn

Über Member
Mapster5 - Absolutely, alrerady love walking round here, Cleveland Way, NY Moors, Dalby Forest etc plenty of challenging hill routes for cycling I've been plotting today too!

postman - Must say I do love living here even though you're an hour from anywhere significant which can be a pain sometimes.

Top Bottom