Hello from the West Mids - No.2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TonyMartin

Hello all I think I am some what of a born again cyclist.

Got a bike and all the required gear now just need to get out onto the road and get some fitness and loose some of this weight I seem to have gained!!!!

So the question is.................. How often should i be going out and what sort of mileage should i be aiming at?

I love open water so where can I cycle close to or maybe around a lake?

All the best to all,

Tony

toeknee

Über Member
:welcome: Tony.

Hi n welcome aboard Tony.

You should ride as often as you want, as far as you feel comfortable and as fast as you feel safe and able to.

Unless you have some specific goals such as weight-loss (which the previous advice should help with anyway), then just do what feels good.
Don't worry about what gear to wear, what cadence you should have, what your heart rate should be - just do it and enjoy it.

Let the days and weeks settle in and you will start to see/feel improvements in your weight, fitness, speed etc and you will settle into your natural cadence.

Hope this Helps
TonyEnjoyD.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello all I think I am some what of a born again cyclist.

Got a bike and all the required gear now just need to get out onto the road and get some fitness and loose some of this weight I seem to have gained!!!!

So the question is.................. How often should i be going out and what sort of mileage should i be aiming at?

I love open water so where can I cycle close to or maybe around a lake?

All the best to all,

Tony

Hi tony. Try sutton park. There are a few nice lakes there. Welcome to the forum.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: Tony.

Not knowing your level of fitness can I suggest 3 times a week and about 5 miles distance for starters. You should be able to get an idea of whether that suits you pretty quick and can change it as required. Have fun.^_^

Let us know how you get on.:thumbsup:

WozzaTT

Hello No. 2 (as it were).

Enjoy your bike - I just picked mine up last night.

OP
OP
T

TonyMartin

Hi and :welcome: Tony.

Not knowing your level of fitness can I suggest 3 times a week and about 5 miles distance for starters. You should be able to get an idea of whether that suits you pretty quick and can change it as required. Have fun.^_^

Let us know how you get on.:thumbsup:

Many thanks I know from previous experience I can cycle for approx ten miles without too much strain/stress. So I think I will try for that when back off holiday.

I will keep you informed!!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Many thanks and a good suggestion as I live only approx 1.5 miles from Sutton Park.

Will be there over weekend when back from holiday....

Thanks again

I used to live near the park as well. If your nervous about the main road its a good place to cycle until you become confident.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Welcome tony , i think you already know loads about cycling :thumbsup:
romandie13st5_martin1.jpg

Top Bottom