Hello from Totton ,need some advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jase24

Regular
Helloooooo, from me too...ive been riding a Merida full sus Mtb for a while now ,but the past year ive only used it for commuting 14 miles each day which is a waste really i need to get out again and ride it like it should be ridden, but i need to get a road bike too mainly for commuting ,got a grand to spend or there abouts ..anyone with ideas on which bike to get

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :welcome: to CC

PpPete

Legendary Member
Welcome from another local.
No specific advice on which bike other than to take your time and visit as many LBS as possible and try out whatever you can. Cycle World in Romsey is good, and I believe GA Cycles (?) in Shirley is too.

OP
OP
Jase24

Jase24

Regular
Helloooo, and thank you, i cycle through North Baddesley on my way to work each day, got any good advice on which road bike to get?

OP
OP
Jase24

Jase24

Regular
No specific advice on which bike other than to take your time and visit as many LBS as possible and try out whatever you can. Cycle World in Romsey is good, and I believe GA Cycles (?) in Shirley is too.
Hi Pete Thanks Bud ,ive only just started to look around mainly as from today so it still early days yet, ive looked around in cycle world which is a good shop not sure where GA Cycles is in Shirley could now be called The Hub which is where i went today to have a look around

snorri

Legendary Member
Welcome to the forum Jase24, but two bicycles :excl: :eek: :excl: ?
That's just sheer extravagance, don't you know there are people starv......

Welcome as a soon to be member of the N+1 club:biggrin:

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Jase
For starters read the latest Cycling +. They have 5 bikes reviewed for a grand. Have a look at cyclocross bikes too. Stevens 105 seems to be a good one to look at.

Blue

Legendary Member

I would second that. If any shop offers a free bike-fit that would also help.

OP
OP
Jase24

Jase24

Regular
Welcome to the forum Jase24, but two bicycles :excl: :eek: :excl: ?
That's just sheer extravagance, don't you know there are people starv......

Welcome as a soon to be member of the N+1 club:biggrin:
Hi and thank you, two bikes... one to get me back in the New Forest and Purbecks and the soon to be the other for the road Commute...hehe and as for the N+1 Club !! not sure what that is ,is it a secret code LOL

OP
OP
Jase24

Jase24

Regular
Jase
For starters read the latest Cycling +. They have 5 bikes reviewed for a grand. Have a look at cyclocross bikes too. Stevens 105 seems to be a good one to look at.
Thanks will defo have a look , Hargroves seem to have a few Stevens Bikes

snorri

Legendary Member
Hi and thank you, two bikes... one to get me back in the New Forest and Purbecks and the soon to be the other for the road Commute...hehe and as for the N+1 Club !! not sure what that is ,is it a secret code LOL

Sorry Jase24, being new to CycleChat, I should have explained.
It's a joke, N=the number of bikes we have at present, but we all want one more, hence N+1.:smile:
Two bikes should be an absolute minimum, I would say.^_^

OP
OP
Jase24

Jase24

Regular
Sorry Jase24, being new to CycleChat, I should have explained.
It's a joke, N=the number of bikes we have at present, but we all want one more, hence N+1.:smile:
Two bikes should be an absolute minimum, I would say.^_^
Lol im falling into that same trap then....

Top Bottom