Hello from Winsford, Cheshire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everyone,

I found this site whilst researching recumbent trikes. I've ridden on and off for years. Most recently I ride a mountain bike, mostly on-road, as its an exercise bike first and foremost with a more interesting view that I would get sat in a gymnasium. It does go offroad sometimes buit nothing serious as I'm too long in the tooth to be falling off!

The biggest incentive to change to a recumbent trike is sorbet, sorry I mean sore butt. No matter which saddle I try I always end up with a sorbet.

Incidently I'm originally from North Wales which as you know is God's own country. Living in Winsford is not going down well but the work is here. If the World rode a bike Winsford would be where the sore bit is!

Being Welsh I'm meaner than the meanest Scot. I intend to build my own trike with the best bits from all of those I've researched on the Web. I suppose it will end up looking something like a Redmount but in thin walles steel. If anyone out there has some experience of trike building I'd love to hear from you.

Clwyd

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hallo and welcome!

Scots mean? :biggrin::wacko:

You need to get out of Wales and find a wee bit more about the world, the meanest tight wad I ever met was English... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum!

I know what you mean about Winsford; I've only ever passed through it, though it seems a strange place, full of warehouses.

Still, handy for getting to Delamere and the Cheshire lanes.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Hi BR, welcome - IIRC there was a post a while ago (gallery?) from a guy who built his own bent or trike from scratch, it was a fantastic piece of work. If I find it again I'll let you know.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
welcome, i often come through winsford with macc wheelers on a club run…

OP
OP
B

Bentley Roller

Wow - replies!!

Thanks for the welcome notes and the encouraging words about the Welsh not being the meanest. I can hold my head up high now....so long as it doesn't cost me anything!

After my comment about Winsford I expected to find my bike up on bricks and the wheels gone but it's still ok.

Yes Cheshire is the flat bit when you come out of Wales. I guess they did it like that so you had plenty off room to slow down and gain control again after belting it down the side of a Welsh mountain.

Winsford is the town (term used loosly) where they built the new Cheshire Police HQ. I guess they thought it would be handy being on troubles doorstep!!!

Thanks again & keep ibn touch.

Top Bottom