Hello out there !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Hi, I'm new to the forum so I thought I would say hello.

I'm your classic recreational rider .... use a Boris Bike as part of my commute and get out into the Northamptonshire countryside during the warm months on my rode bike. Last year I took part in the RideLondon, which really fired up my interest. I cannot believe how much I learnt about the craft of cycling during the training, a real case of a few known unknowns and lots of unknown unknowns ... I loved the event so much I'm doing it again this year.

Would love to cycle more but rugby tends to get in the way during the winter.

Looking forward to getting know you all better.

arch684

Veteran
Hello and welcome to the forum

OP
OP
rugby bloke

rugby bloke

Veteran
Welcome :smile:

Are you from Rugby or do you like rugby or both, perhaps? :whistle:

Closer to Northampton than Rugby .... but rugby is a big part of my life. Watch it, coach it and once a month, body permitting, I play. I find playing is excellent training for cycling as I don't mind being wet, cold and in physical pain ! I do however find that my language can become somewhat course when I struggle on difficult climbs

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I do however find that my language can become somewhat course when I struggle on difficult climbs
That might be something to do with the typical dark worldview of people from that county, then, as I do it too! ;) I crossed the border and did most of my riding around Milton Keynes while I lived there, though. I know there are now a few gravel tracks such as the one through Lamport but most of the county still seems a bit of a white-knuckle ride!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum :welcome:

Osprey

Guru
Hi and welcome. Are you a saints supporter. I like watching Northampton unless they happen to be beating the Ospreys. Especially painful at home I'm the Liberty. ^_^

OP
OP
rugby bloke

rugby bloke

Veteran
Hi and welcome. Are you a saints supporter. I like watching Northampton unless they happen to be beating the Ospreys. Especially painful at home I'm the Liberty. ^_^
Hi, yes, I'm a Saints fan, so licking my wounds after being robbed at Welford Road yet again ! I don't think we will be crossing swords with you this season.

Top Bottom