Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddydadbo

I am more or less new to cycling, used to cycle everywhere then got a car and stopped. I am embarressed to admit that I bought an Apollo mountain bike, it is heavy, the gears dont work and it took me 40 minutes to ride 5 miles.

I have signed up to do a try me Triathlon on August the 12th and my Iron Man competitor cousin lent me her "hack" bike which is a very nice and light Giant 6000 Alu series with appatently rubbish Tiago gears.

I did the same 5 miles on it in 20 minutes and although I was not our of breath, as I run 10k and teh odd half marathon, my thighs felt the burn. :smile:

I will be buying a replacement bike at some point before or very shortly after the triathlon so will be reading up to try and get a second hand bargain.

In the meantime I will be out regularly as I was wobbling and could barely indicate.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Welcome to CC !
Do not be embarresed by the bike , sounds like the gears need adjusting but its still a bike !
If your legs are really burning when riding what speed are you turning the pedals as a low speed will burn your thighs and not get you out of breath , the sweet spot is about 90 rpm or so which seems to be a nice balance of power and cardio assuming you have the saddle height set right.

Jodee1kenobi

Well hello there :highfive:

Top Bottom