Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
evening @Juliette you have come to the right place ask away

Crandoggler

Decathlon or Halfords are your best bet. Depends on how much you have to spend. Decathlon offer better quality, much better.. But are slightly more expensive.

Never personally ridden around Chelmsford, Danbury is nice to ride around though. Your best bet is to head out towards Gt Baddow and Sandon, should be quieter around there. And as you get better, move further down to Danbury.

OP
OP
J

Juliette

Decathlon or Halfords are your best bet. Depends on how much you have to spend. Decathlon offer better quality, much better.. But are slightly more expensive.

Never personally ridden around Chelmsford, Danbury is nice to ride around though. Your best bet is to head out towards Gt Baddow and Sandon, should be quieter around there. And as you get better, move further down to Danbury.
Thank you,
I live not far from Sandon in fact I run there from my house a few mornings a week so know it quite well. I shall try riding around there first before I venture further afield.

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi Juliette, I used to know Chelmsford well but haven't been for years, I remember a lot of lovely country around it and some very friendly people. Also a cycle through the park (there was a big market on the other side) on a shared cycle/pedestrian park - I was a pedestrian then!

If you are nervous about the roads, try finding a local Bikeability course (for adults as well as kids, it's what used to be Cycling Proficiency in the old days). This is especially good if you are not a car driver so don't know the roads, but useful for everyone. There might even be some useful cycle path info at the Tourist Information!

Welcome to the site!

OP
OP
J

Juliette

Thank ykj
Hi Juliette, I used to know Chelmsford well but haven't been for years, I remember a lot of lovely country around it and some very friendly people. Also a cycle through the park (there was a big market on the other side) on a shared cycle/pedestrian park - I was a pedestrian then!

If you are nervous about the roads, try finding a local Bikeability course (for adults as well as kids, it's what used to be Cycling Proficiency in the old days). This is especially good if you are not a car driver so don't know the roads, but useful for everyone. There might even be some useful cycle path info at the Tourist Information!

Welcome to the site!
Thank you

Top Bottom