Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kimmy

Hi everyone
thank you for letting me join, another Essex boy here, i am living on the coast so the wind is always head on.
I am an old geezer of 61, took up cycling last year to try to raise my fitness levels a little
i had not had a bike in 40 years so found it a little tough going, on my new Boardman hybrid, it got even tougher when someone stole the bike from the garage after 6 weeks luckily my insurance paid up so i bought a Boardman Comp road bike which has done me proud for the last year. Last week looked on e-bay and bought either myself or the wife a Specialized Tarmac 2015 our first Carbon bike, it came with no wheels so we have'nt tried it yet.
Cheers Kim

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
:welcome: I wondered if you locked the bike up when it was in the garage. I always do but not sure if this will really deter them tea leaves. Enjoy your new passion.

OP
OP
Kimmy

Kimmy

:welcome: I wondered if you locked the bike up when it was in the garage. I always do but not sure if this will really deter them tea leaves. Enjoy your new passion.
Hi Dark rider
yes i had the bike chained to an exercise bike, but they found my toolbox and dismantled the exercise bike to get at the Boardman, have to admit the garage door was in poor shape but keep my bikes indoors now, never mind lesson learnt lol.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hi, sorry to hear that your Bike was nicked but glad you made the most of it.

One of the fittest and strongest riders I have ever ridden with is 62, he is an ex MTB champ and a reluctant enduro road rider...and an altogether good chap.

Welcome.

Top Bottom