Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello and welcome.
Lovely part of the country to live and ride in I would imagine. Altho a tough to find some flat parts, hope you like hills!

OP
OP
Maenchi

Maenchi

StoneDog
thanks for your reply.. yeah,:sun: it's lovely, when the sun shines on roads overlooking the sea and the wind is not blowing too hard !..the best thing is that there are plenty of roads with so little traffic on them.. and the hills, love 'em they are quite gentle, definitely not mountains, just right for me at my age..:okay:.

OP
OP
Maenchi

Maenchi

StoneDog
To continue a bit; I spent some time reading through the posts on here and found that the general opinion is that Cornwall is hilly !, I agree with that but compared to where I grew up they don't seem so long to me not like climbing over the Pennines,steep out of some coves needing a 22 tooth chain wheel coupled with a 36 tooth cog and ride slowly, I guess my description of the hills being gentle is actually my approach to them.:smile: and the coast road from St Ives to St Just is graded 5/5 and it's exhausting but rewarding . Found that the climb out of Portreath is called the Portreath Wall, and that it is raced up in 2 to 3 mins at 16mph, I've not timed myself but it's the opposite way round for me like 2-3 mph and at least 16mins to get up it^_^. West Penwith is the area I ride in most....

Last edited:
Top Bottom