Hello..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
satans budgie said:
Long distance non compeditive jaunts to some of the most beautiful regions of this fair and pleasant land. ;)

Challanging and rewarding, trust me (not many do :ohmy: ) once you can manage the stairs twice in one day there will be no holding you back.

I'm sweating just reading those kinds of distances involved! Best get my fanciest training trousers on...

Jane Smart said:
Nothing organised yet just waiting for the next kind person to do so ;)

but keep an eye out in this section of the forum.

We are there under CC ecosse :smile:

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Thanks again Jane. Just having a read through some of the threads there :ohmy:

bauldbairn said:
:cold:

Welcome to CC scotbike - from Falkirk.

Are you getting much recumbent cycling done in this weather?

Woke up to horizontal snow this morning ;) - defo not ideal cycling weather.

All the best.

Hey bauldbairn, the weather has been rougher than a badger's bottom since christmas so I've done bugger all really. High racers and ice don't really mix (really should get a lowracer eh?)

It's snowing here in Perth too sadly :angry:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
scotbiker said:
Hey bauldbairn, the weather has been rougher than a badger's bottom since christmas so I've done bugger all really. High racers and ice don't really mix (really should get a lowracer eh?)

It's snowing here in Perth too sadly :angry:
Surely 'bents and trainers go well together ? :smile:

Lie back, put a favourite film/tv prog on a screen in front of you and while away the hours ... :biggrin:

DF's and ice don't mix either :angry:.

Looking forward to seeing you on some of our Forum rides - once the ice/frost has gone away :angry:. There is a very important principle to which we stick on all Forum rides: no one gets left behind. There will always be someone to keep you company (even 'greyhounds' like to hang back at times :cold: ), then we'll wave you off when we reach a downhill. ;)

scoosh said:
Surely 'bents and trainers go well together ? :smile:

Lie back, put a favourite film/tv prog on a screen in front of you and while away the hours ... :biggrin:

DF's and ice don't mix either :thumbsup:.

Looking forward to seeing you on some of our Forum rides - once the ice/frost has gone away :ohmy:. There is a very important principle to which we stick on all Forum rides: no one gets left behind. There will always be someone to keep you company (even 'greyhounds' like to hang back at times :wacko: ), then we'll wave you off when we reach a downhill. ;)

That's a bloody good point about the trainer! Never thought of one tbh. Any recommendations?
Good to know about the forum rides. I'd try not to slow you down too much :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
scotbiker said:
That's a bloody good point about the trainer! Never thought of one tbh. Any recommendations?
Good to know about the forum rides. I'd try not to slow you down too much :wacko:
I got mine a couple of years ago through either Gumtree or Adtrader, can't remember which.

No idea what sort this one is but it might be worth enquiring. Used trainers should be cheap ... ;)

There are various threads on trainers, the pros and cons of the different types in Bikes, Accessories etc.

Don't get too fit :thumbsup:

scoosh said:
I got mine a couple of years ago through either Gumtree or Adtrader, can't remember which.

No idea what sort this one is but it might be worth enquiring. Used trainers should be cheap ... ;)

There are various threads on trainers, the pros and cons of the different types in Bikes, Accessories etc.

Don't get too fit :ohmy:

too fit? I'll make the jokes eythankyou :tongue:
Will have a looky though that forum. I see you can get rollers too which look fun, but then I thought do I really want to fall off them and into the coffee table/dog/tv :biggrin:

Hello Scotbiker!

Welcome.
I ride a recumbent too and I don't THINK I'm weird. I don't have a beard either as I'm a girl. Neither do I ride in sandals other than around camp sites. Mind you I'm only a part-time recumbent trike rider as it sometimes gets itself rammed in to the back of the garage when I'm trying to leave some space at the front.

Hi From another newbie recumbent rider!!

I'm over the other end of Fife from you, but I like the sound of a ride out with all the other local recumbent riders sometime this year.

Funny I was just looking at a 40 ish mile ride with my son from Perth to Inverkiething via the Milk bar at Powmill!! was going to do it next week, but there is a possible train strike -so I don't want to waste a days waiting for a train to take us to the start!!

cheers

Currystom'

Top Bottom