Helmet Watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Mod note: as some of you have realised, this thread is wandering very, very close to a helmet debate, and hence to being locked or merged with the main thread. I've removed a few posts from this page that were discussing head injuries, although I haven't gone back pages to remove others.

If you want to continue discussing how many people wear helmets, please try a little harder to avoid discussing whether or not they do any good!
Any chance you could move, rather than just delete some of the posts? The conversation was getting interesting.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Any chance you could move, rather than just delete some of the posts? The conversation was getting interesting.
To where - the main helmet debate?
I think the system interlinks merged posts according to when they were posted, so it may not make much sense if I do that.
If the others whose posts were deleted agree, I could quote them all in one new post in there, which might make more sense.
They were @Racing roadkill, @mjray, @Cunobelin and @doog. Easiest way might be for one of you to start a conversation including the others to let me know, rather than cluttering up this thread further.

OP
OP
M

Markymark

I'm now further south in the Costa del Dosh and huge number of roadies and every single one is wearing a helmet. Very few utility cyclists but it's probably 50:50

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Only me and another no helmet on yesterday's social ride along the canal, 13 riders in total.
When it got warmer and I took my beanie off, somebody asked me if I forgot my helmet at the last stop :laugh:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Anecdotally yesterday the Embankment was a right old mixture. It got more helmetty as the lycra-clad serious cyclists stopped working and started training.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
There are very few local cyclists here. Most are tourists, and mtb cyclists. I'd say 80% wear helmets.

.stu

Über Member
I am a utility cyclist but I do wear lycra as I tend to get sweaty or rained on so need to get changed on arrival regardless. If I'm going to wear clothes specifically for cycling I may as well wear clothes designed specifically for cycling. I don't wear a helmet and am in the minority around here.

I do draw the line at team kit tho...

Last edited:
Top Bottom