Help: Slagboompas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can any of the Dutch contributers on here tell me what slagboompas is?
Looking at a holiday in NL, slagboompas costs 2.50 in the advert but can't find what it is with the translation sites I've tried

Cheers
PM

Haitch

Flim Flormally
A slagboom is a barrier, especially one like this. A pas is a plastic card you use to get through the barrier.

Do you need to use the barrier? If you're on foot or bike you probably won't.

Brains

Legendary Member
He taking the piss.

We all know that "slagboompas" are fitted to Newcastles finest, and can ben seen, in pairs, bouncing down from the Byker on any Friday or Saturday night.

5 Malibu's and they're yours for the night.

Abitrary

dutch is the best language in the world for silly words.

My favourite is 'slagroom', which I thought was something to do with brothels but is in fact 'cream'.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Had a couple of good holidays there and looking at another now. Who but the dutch would come up with the Whike? Nuts.
One thing that was weird was when buying train tickets for a trip into Amsterdam the ticket office lady telling us to hurry as the train was due in 2 minutes. It came in 2 minutes.

Cubist

Still wavin'
One of my favourite linguistic faux pas was a Rapper with the name Ruff Kut. He wanted to do a tour of the Netherlands, and apparently his posters caused a storm.

I'll leave the translation to the Dutch speakers out there!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Abitrary said:
dutch is the best language in the world for silly words.

My favourite is 'slagroom', which I thought was something to do with brothels but is in fact 'cream'.

When we went to Holland, we always have some fun walking around the super markets:thumbsup:

Abitrary

Joe24 said:
When we went to Holland, we always have some fun walking around the super markets:thumbsup:

I know people in amsterdam, so can get the decent action. I used to go round the 'supermarkets' but it's a bit sordid, all the fetid little rooms and red lights - and god knows how many diseases.

Top Bottom