Help! Which Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisamc

Hi, I am in the market for a road racing/performance bike. (I have mountain biked until now). I am looking at the 09 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5 (Women's), The 09 Kona Lisa RD, or the Giant Avail 1 Women's. The cannondale is a full carbon frame and the other two are aluminum/carbon. Seems like compariable parts. Any suggestions???

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
try trek and orbea. cannondale synapse is a good bike though

OP
OP
L

lisamc

they are all at different shops so hard to compare at once, and the Kona Lisa I would be ordering based on size because it's not in my city.

OP
OP
L

lisamc

I could try the giant and the cannondale but not the Kona Lisa. The problem is I could try the Giant here in my town or the Cannondale when I go on holidays in a couple of weeks so will be hard to compare given the time lapse. Is one better than the other (the Cannondale and the Avail? Carbon frame vs carbon/Aluminum)?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
TBH it's nbot likely that anyone, let alone a woman, wil have tried all of those. The truth of the matter is that they're probably all good bikes and everyone would have a different opinion anyway. Having saidf that I would try the bike you buy. If you can't remember a vast difference in 2 weeks or if you like the feel mof the first/second one then but it. The differences in similar bikes are very often minimal, imagined or subjective, Try one and if it feels good then go for it!

RedBike

Have a read of this blog
http://nadine-spearing.blogspot.com/

Shes a pro cyclist whos just got a Cannondale Synapse

OP
OP
L

lisamc

Thanks everyone. I think I am leaning toward the Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5 (2008). Runner up is the Giant A1 Women's (2009). They seem to have comparable parts except I can get the Cannondale for $100.00 cheaper and it has a full carbon frame. Still welcome feedback about this as I have two weeksn before making my final decision. Very Much Appreciated!

Top Bottom