Help with bibshorts please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrWill

Trying to find my first decent pair.

I've tried so far:

DHB Aeron Pros but the shoulder straps are narrow, so dig in a bit, the seams are uncomfortable and chunky and the material is slightly itchy.

Endura FS260 Pro, perfect in every way except the bottom of the thighs are a bit tight.

What to try next?

OP
OP
M

MrWill

Would stretch up £80 at a push. Not really willing to spend more on some shorts. The less the better, for a decent pair though

Castelli would be my first choice in bib shorts. Comfy as hell. They can be found for 80 quid if you shop around. Go one size larger though, I am normally a medium but a large in anything castelli.

Sharky

Guru
I stopped using my bib shorts after breaking a couple of my collar bones. They were just too uncomfortable. Now I use old fashioned braces with waist shorts and I can adjust the tension to exactly what I need.

Keith

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Why do you want bib shorts ? I find shorts far nicer to wear but for some odd reason ive got more bibs because people on here keep saying they are nicer :wacko:

vickster

Legendary Member
Gore? Castelli? Go to an Evans, try on, get price match via smart phone, buy

OP
OP
M

MrWill

I've ordered them all from Wiggle and Chain Reaction. Been to Evans, stock levels bad.

They seem to all be made for people with no muscle so far. How the hell do overweight people cope.

Real shame about the Endura ones having tight elastic bits. Cuts the blood off a bit. But look good and seem real quality.

OP
OP
M

MrWill

So

DHB Areon pro.
Pad decent but the fit is almost restrictive/unpleasant and shoulder straps too narrow.

Endura FS260 Pro.
Pad very good, and the quality is the best, fit excellent but for some reason they have stuck an abnormally tight band around the bottom of the legs. So ruins it for me. If you have thin legs, these are the best going.

Altura Pro Gel.
Most comfortable fit, almost feel like not wearing anything, but the pad is CRAP! Literally half as thick as all the others.

Sugoi RS Pro
Best pad of the bunch, fit well, but shoulder straps slightly narrow. Quality looks ok. Handy little pocket on the lower back area.

Gore Power 2.0. Good/ok all around, but seem overpriced. Seem a bit fashion orientated

Didn't like the Castelli styling, so did not bother.

Keeping the Sugoi ones! Winner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom