help with immobitag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kelly35

Hi i had my bike stolen from my back garden last night. its a white carerra valour 2 years old, its fitted with an immobitag device, but i am having trouble tracking it, i have no frame number but i am goin to the shop i purchased it to see if they can look at records to when i brought it for frame number. I Have reported it to the police but they are offering no help with tracking it.....any help or advice would really be appreciated. Kelly

ScotiaLass

Guru
if I'm right, you can't 'track' an Immobitag. It is used by Police when they recover your bike, to scan it, so they know who the owner is.
Hopefully you registered your bike on the website when you tagged it.

As above:

ImmobiTag Electronic Cycle Protection
With the ImmobiTag Electronic Cycle Protection, your bike will be permanently identifiable as owned by you. ImmobiTag is a Radio Frequency Identification Device with a unique number. This number can be seen by Police when scanned. Simply follow the instructions and install your ImmobiTag in the seat tube of your bicycle. Clever stuff!

ImmobiTag Electronic Cycle Protection Extra Info
  • Simple easy to follow instructions to install
  • Register your tag on the Immobilise website
  • The Immobilise website is connected to the Police National Mobile Property Register as well as the Second-Hand Trade Stolen Property Register.
  • If a theft occurs, report it to Immobilise, the Police can view your details, identify and return the bike when recovered

I know that British Transport Police, and and Hampshire constabulary have issued these devices so have the Humberside Police

I would assume they would not be issuing tags without the means to read them

classic33

Leg End Member
I know that British Transport Police, and and Hampshire constabulary have issued these devices so have the Humberside Police

I would assume they would not be issuing tags without the means to read them
Scanners not in use with West Yorkshire Police. "No-one qualified to use them", the answer given when asked about the use of such tags earlier this year.

sisilisko

Regular
i had the issue, my bike was stolen right under British transport police cctv and they cannot track the bike, they cannot even see their cctv in any detail.... go figure

classic33

Leg End Member
i had the issue, my bike was stolen right under British transport police cctv and they cannot track the bike, they cannot even see their cctv in any detail.... go figure
Police Forces supporting Immobitag

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Hi i had my bike stolen from my back garden last night. its a white carerra valour 2 years old, its fitted with an immobitag device, but i am having trouble tracking it, i have no frame number but i am goin to the shop i purchased it to see if they can look at records to when i brought it for frame number. I Have reported it to the police but they are offering no help with tracking it.....any help or advice would really be appreciated. Kelly

When you get an immobitag you register it on www.immobilise.com and create and account then fill in the frame number, description along with any markings etc and a picture then you can log into you account later and look at the details you registered. Also if the police recover it they can use one of their scanners to get the tag number and cross reference it to the information you registered and get your bike back to you.

I'm not sure what you mean by tracking it, the immobitag isnt a tracker it simply helps get you stuff back to you when it is found.

Top Bottom