Hey you, litter lout!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
If you're one of the cyclists who carries no spares and couldn't remove a wheel to save your life, please ignore this.

Likewise if you repair your puncture and then carefully tidy up afterwards, move along, there's nothing for you here.

But if you're one of the idiots who change a tube and then dump the old one by the side of the road/cycle-path, can you please explain why?

Are you very much more important than the rest of us?

Do you think that discarded inner tubes magically disappear during the night? I imagine that when you undress you chuck all your clothes on the floor and your mum comes along and picks up after you. She probably tidies up your empty takeaway cartons and beer cans too.

Or are you so weak and feeble that you haven't the energy to carry a punctured tube home? I assume you managed to carry the replacement with you. The one you discarded wasn't any heavier! And you were actually less than half a mile from a litter bin when you dumped it.

As there were two discarded tubes together I guess you had a bit of a rough time. Part of me hopes that they were the only spares you had and that you had another puncture while you were still about 20 miles from home. But that would be unkind of me.

Anyway, don't worry about. I picked up your rubbish and brought it home. The cycle-path is a slightly tidier place because I rode it today. No thanks to you!

vickster

Legendary Member
They are likely the same muppets unable to put their gel wrappers in their jersey pocket on sportives too!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
They are likely the same muppets unable to put their gel wrappers in their jersey pocket on sportives too!

I've noticed this more and more around here. At the top of the popular climbs (Holme Moss, Brickworks, Long Hill etc etc) there are discarded gel wrappers lying around. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that it's non-locals on sportives. I'd be surprised if folk who regularly do these climbs would litter in this way

sittingbull

Veteran
I've seen quite a number of discarded CO2 cylinders in the gutter this year. Some look fresh, others battered and flattened.

I've assumed the roads are being swept less often (not an excuse for littering regardless of how often they're swept).

sittingbull

Veteran
Those I've seen look identical to the CO2 cartridges (should have said cartridges in my post above) that I carry to fix flats.

The only NOx cylinders I've seen have been on motorcycles to boost performance, I've never seen these discarded. I'm not sure if NOx is available in small cartridges.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Those I've seen look identical to the CO2 cartridges (should have said cartridges in my post above) that I carry to fix flats.

The only NOx cylinders I've seen have been on motorcycles to boost performance, I've never seen these discarded. I'm not sure if NOx is available in small cartridges.

Same cartridges as we cyclists use, cheap off the net and a fashionable'hippie drug's at the moment..

Drago

Legendary Member
Many airguns use the 12g CO2 cartridges.

And as for the littering, well, perhaps Traffic Droid could look into the problem for us. I suggest he starts in Aleppo where I hear the problem is particularly acute.

Top Bottom