Hi everyone, greeting from Stockport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Philiosfogus

Philiosfogus

I'm sure he wasn't pleased at all. I can't remember what John's bike was, but do recall he had about 3 or 4 bikes in different states of build in his mum's kitchen at the time, he may have been riding then for Coop Mercier, The frame is Columbus SL and has recently been totally restored by the previous owner and looks fantastic.
I've been searching for groupsets and items on the internet and have been surprised at how much 80s Shimano stuff goes for, but I've not bought it to sell so I would like to get the everything correct and in period.

paul04

Über Member
Hello :hello:

OP
OP
Philiosfogus

Philiosfogus

Hi and welcome. Be warned vintage builds can become addictive:wacko:. A lot of the pleasure I find is in research and sourcing parts. Never had a Herety nor have any of my bikes got shimano stuff on(mostly too early) so can't offer anything in the way of practical advice re this particular build. If you run a thread on the build though I and many others I'm sure would follow with interest
I'm finding it very addictive already,
Hi @Philiosfogus and :welcome:.

If you haven't already seen it, the Classic & Vintage section is a good place for help and advice.:thumbsup:

Don't forget to show us pics as the build goes along.
Thanks Phil, I'll start posting pics of my build when I am able to upload them, I think I need to be more active on the forum before I can do that ^_^

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
upload_2013-12-6_14-30-49.png

Looks familiar?? :thumbsup:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?

Top Bottom