Hi from Londinium!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blurb

Über Member
:hello: Hi All,
Long time weekend/fair weather cyclist, started commuting this winter and enjoying it immensely, albeit with the mean streets of London throwing all the usual stuff at me.
Five months in and I've lost 8 kilos in weight and fitter than I was twenty years ago, yes, I'm the wrong side of forty. Stumbled across CC and after lurking for a while thought I'd join in.
Currently running a Brompton for part-Tube commutes and a BSO/MTB. Hope I got the acronym combo right).

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've heard of that Londinium thing, didn't they use to call it that on the wrong side of the forties! I suppose you could always invent MTBSO as a sort of hybrid acronym to fit the bill. Bienvenu!

Having read all the Blurb, I'll join in to say welcome.:smile: In 'Informal Rides' there is a dedicated 'Sunday London Ride' thread - it has gone a bit flat at the moment...possibly due to people's definition of 'London' but I'm sure will return as the thrust of Spring makes the chain oil glisten once again. There are the FNRttCs also, which may be of interest, and being on the wrong side of forty is only a starting point. Being very wrong is even more fun.:rolleyes:
Cheers!

postman

Legendary Member
Eh up greeting from Yorkshire.Home of the Dales.Fantastic place lovely cycling.Treat tha self and have a week up here during your hols.You will never want to go back.All the best.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi and welcome from a kentishman who is also the wrong side of forty to be aspiring chicken but the right side to be wise enough to know better (apparently) :smile:

Top Bottom