Hi from San Francisco

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hi @Cathryn , welcome back.
How's that little boy of yours. What.. is he 5 now or something like that?

Edit: Arthur?
I thought it was that, or that that was the name of her husband. And I remember (I think) the name of her bike was Liesel? For me that was the tour write up that I remembered going through Austria, the Sound of Music one.

Last edited:
This may be totally out of left field but...
Sounds like you left Yorkshire about the same time I took up cycling. The first couple of years I was very active on the BromptonTalk Yahoo group and one of the helpful people on that was (and still is, I understand) a Yorkshireman in San Francisco named Nigel Healy. Any chance that's your husband? If so, very small world!! And welcome back to CC and good luck with your new Trek. :hello:

mustang1

Legendary Member
Have you been before? It's wonderful. Let me know if you need recommendations for life either on or off the bike! SF is really walkable, so you'll be fine. I got a Trek Lexa - I'm still new on it (and she feels like flying after my steel tourer) but so far, so good.
Thanks Cath.
Fortunately (yes, fortunately) I won't be in SF in a few weeks because I don't want to spend too much time away from UK in one go (I'm visiting other parts of america too). I might go to sf in autumn.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
This may be totally out of left field but...
Sounds like you left Yorkshire about the same time I took up cycling. The first couple of years I was very active on the BromptonTalk Yahoo group and one of the helpful people on that was (and still is, I understand) a Yorkshireman in San Francisco named Nigel Healy. Any chance that's your husband? If so, very small world!! And welcome back to CC and good luck with your new Trek. :hello:
Thanks for the welcome!! No, I'm not married to Nigel but I shall keep an eye out for Brompton riding Yorkshiremen from now on!!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I thought it was that, or that that was the name of her husband. And I remember (I think) the name of her bike was Liesel? For me that was the tour write up that I remembered going through Austria, the Sound of Music one.
You guys have amazing memories!! Yes, that was my big tour and my bike IS Liesl!!! My new road bike is called Margarita! (As in 'the Master and...'). All bikes need names!!

mustang1

Legendary Member
It's nicer in Autumn anyway.
Actually I didn't answer your earlier question. Yes I've been to San Fran many times but not for many years. Looking forward to seeing all the changes around silicon valley and the like.

Top Bottom