Hi from Tillicoultry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Hi everyone – I'm Alisdair, and having stumbled across this community I thought it'd be a good idea to tag along
wave.gif

I decided towards the end of last year that I needed to change my lifestyle, and managed to turn things around losing 5 stone in the process, and you've guessed it – got back out on my bike! Until a few weeks ago, I had a Trek 6500 (2006 spec) which had never seen any mountainous action whatsoever, and since the "new me" was clearly enjoying riding on the roads and wanted to occasionally commute, I decided to sell it and buy a more road-oriented machine.

I picked up a Ridgeback Flight 01 at a good price, and whilst it's not the dream machine I had hoped to buy, funds were limited and cyclescheme not an option. So far I've covered 165 miles and have commuted to work twice (15 miles each way), and planning to do it again tomorrow. Still getting used to the Flight's road gearing, but averaging 15+ MPH can't be bad surely?!

Looking forward to being involved here, and will no doubt be posting stupid noob questions very soon
blush.gif

Oh, if you're interested in finding out a bit more about me and what I get up to when I'm not riding, do have a wee look over at my blog.

ACS

Legendary Member

Top Bottom