Hi, I'm new here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maisie

Hi, I'm Maisie and I started cycling about a year and a half ago and I have already completed an eight mile ride to raise money for charity. This year, I am also taking part in a half marathon with a friend. Any advice on how to pace myself during that ride would be helpful :smile:

I hope this forum can help me become a better cyclist!

Graham1426

I take you mean your cycling a half marathon, if so I dont think you will have much of a problem cycling an extra 5 miles, considering you have already covered 8 miles.

Take a look at the planned route, and see if it's a hilly course, if it is just save some in the tank for when you get to them, other than that you shouldn't find too a challenge.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Welcome Maisie :smile:

You might be able to ride the route in advance so you know what to expect on the day. I find it much easier to pace myself when i know whats coming up.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Hi Maisie and :welcome: . Lots of practise and you will be fine. Knowing your route can only be a good thing. Good luck with your ride and remember, the most important thing is enjoy it!!
As for this forum helping you to become a better cyclist - it will. I for one can vouch for that :smile:

Top Bottom