Hi There from Cape Town (Soon to be in UK)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good day Members
I am currently living in Cape Town (South Africa) and moving to the UK on the 12th of July. Thought I would join up this community as i am leaving my local online community (thehubsa). Looking for some local knowledge and maybe a bit of "cyclist friendships" and/or training partners along the way.

Been cycling for 10 years +. Racing for about 6 of those years. Avid cyclist and spend about 10 - 12 hours a week in the saddle.

Initially moving to Bridgend (Wales) and staying there with family for a few months, then looking at moving to Bristol area :unsure: .

What else can I say???? I ride a Felt FC with Sram Force (2011), Fizik Arione CX Carbon and Easton EC90 Aero's. Bit of a weight weenie when it comes to my bike :rolleyes: . Also looking into doing starting some triathlons in the near future. MTB'ing is not for me.... taken a few too many tumbles and broken collarbones to enjoy the rough stuff anymore :shy:

Love to chat to you guys / girls

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Hello :welcome:

Hello Brad and welcome to the forum!

There are planty of folk on here, both in South Wales and Bristol, so if you want to go for a spin in your new habitat, put out a post and you're bound to attract some attention for fellow riders.

Get stuck in and enjoy yourself!

OP
OP
Brad_from_CapeTown

Brad_from_CapeTown

Thanks Dayvo
Will still keep in touch with my SA forum, good bunch of guys, you should check it out sometime, see that us Saffa's are not too bad a bunch :thumbsup:

Been reading through some of the forums here and see that the same techie questions get asked, the same gripes get raised... actually comforting to know that the SA cycling culture is not far off that of the cycling culture across the world :laugh:

Will definitely keep a look out on the forums, add my 2c worth every now and then and maybe do a few training rides and Audax's with some of the members. I have noticed that the Audax and Sportiv is very popular here (forum and UK). We dont do much of that in SA. We have a lot of organised events and a pretty efficient racing league, but our distances are up to 100km with the exception of the BIG events. The Argus, 94.7 and the Shova. Other than that, our racing is 1 day sprints at around 95 - 100km. Going to take some getting used to when i get there, looking at covering more distance.The only LONG distance that we do here is the Coronation Double Century (202km) which is a Team ride. Did that last year on 7:11 but was shattered. Lets see what a few 100mile distances do for the legs though, as said, looking forward to the challenge.

Top Bottom