High maintenance Queen...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtwin

67p a year for every single one of us. 67p. What's the point of that?

Or about £100 when you add in the security costs etc.

Time for a change or value for money?

Cheaper then an MP though?

I don't have a problem with that........how is it calculated though??? what I mean is, do they just take the amount of money that the royals get and divide it by the number of people in the country?

There are a lot of people they don't know about that contribute the grand sum of cock all though....does that mean the rest of us pay more??

I still like most of them.......not the gay prince, obviously.IT funny how you don't see much of his wife and children all over the news....even though she looks a bit like Diana did....

I'm rambling now:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Headgardener said:
I think the Royal Family more than earn their keep as tourist attractions for the Yanks and Japanese so I'm quite happy to pay 67p a year for their upkeep.

Totally agree! I have a lot of time for Her Maj as well - not so sure about the rest of them, but I do think they earn their keep from tourism. 67p doesn't seem like that much to be honest.

If the 'royal family' borrowed my Garmin, and got lost in Mustique for a calendar year (they would be using Duchy Original's power monkeys to keep themselves circumnavigating..)and the soldiers kept prancing around Constitution Hill and marching hither and thither, the tourists would continue to lap up the pageantry like there was no royal family tomorrow.

Quick, dump the lot of them - they are like human ground elder! :evil:

Mr Pig

Headgardener said:
I think the Royal Family more than earn their keep as tourist attractions for the Yanks and Japanese.

I agree. I'm not a Royalist but looked at from a purely practical point of view I think they're good value. I imagine lots of countries wish they had a Royal Family.

However, some of the minor Royals who do f*** all...

Top Bottom