Hill Climbing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Michaelt

True, but based on what Michael has told us about his first attempt at Charing Hill, I reckon he'll get on fine using what he's got - with a little more practice...

d.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I was beginning to think that my bonfire was being put out!! ^_^

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Thanks for the vote of confidence, I was beginning to think that my bonfire was being put out!! ^_^

I changed my cassette with 25 tooth rear cog for a new cassette with a 28 tooth largest cog.

I climb at the same speed as before but with faster cadence which is easier on the knees.(occasional knee pain before, none now)

It does sound from what you wrote that what you have is ok for you/where you ride but you are just out of practice.

GrasB

Veteran
I think you'll be much more comfortable with a the extra teeth on the cassette when climbing. A 12-28 cassette is fundamentally the same as a 12-25 but with the last two sprockets being 24 & 28t not 23 & 25t. 11-28 cassettes come in various different sprocket setups so may or may not be a modified 11-28, SRAM is one make that runs a 'modified' 11-25.

2old2care

Über Member
I always remember reading a story told by a lady whom was regularly riding up a steep and long hill with her husband. The husband would charge past her at the bottom of the hill, whilst she would pootle up in a comfortable gear and eventually pass him puffing and panting like he'd done two marathon's. Hope this helps.^_^

Top Bottom