Hisense TVs.......any CCrs got one........opinions appreciated please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Looking for a new TV. We went to a local independent shop that sells and rents (we used to rent from them for many years).
He recommended a make I have never heard of.........Hisense. He tells me
a) he rents them out because they never give problems
b) they are a big name in Germany.......not so well known in the UK
c) the picture etc. is excellent.
For the latest 4K smart type they are not a lot cheaper than some of the Panasonics.......although I believe Panasonic have a variety of models & quality etc.
Just wondering if anyone has one and what the opinions are.
Edit......Just googled it and found they are the 4th largest manufacturer "on the planet".

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
People still rent tv's?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I haven't got one but I know people who have. On the whole they're supposed to be good value, with excellent picture quality but apparently their sound lets them down.
I think most modern TVs have pretty poor sound quality because they are so slim that there is little room for good speakers.

I got a half-decent Samsung soundbar for about £100. It doesn't do a bad job - deep bass and high treble are absent, and the upper bass from the small subwoofer is a bit resonant (as expected) but the system can be tweaked to be acceptable to me. I reduce the bass setting for speech, and boost it for music. If something comes on that I want better quality sound for I use a good pair of headphones.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I think most modern TVs have pretty poor sound quality because they are so slim that there is little room for good speakers.

I got a half-decent Samsung soundbar for about £100. It doesn't do a bad job - deep bass and high treble are absent, and the upper bass from the small subwoofer is a bit resonant (as expected) but the system can be tweaked to be acceptable to me. I reduce the bass setting for speech, and boost it for music. If something comes on that I want better quality sound for I use a good pair of headphones.

All my TV's have the sound going through HiFi's as you say your not going to put much of a speaker in a super thin case.

phil_hg_uk

I remember my parents getting one like this, the future had arrived :giggle:

It even had a remote control ............ ME !!!!!!!

red5.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
All my TV's have the sound going through HiFi's as you say your not going to put much of a speaker in a super thin case.
I actually own a surround sound system with 65 W per channel and some BIG speakers!

Reality is that the neighbours have a young child and I decided it would not be fair to blast them late at night, which is when I watch TV. Also - I keep my bikes in the positions where the speakers would be standing.

I am now using the amp and biggest speakers in my attic music studio at times when the girl is at school and the neighbours are at work. (I'll have to find a use for the spare speakers!)

phil_hg_uk

I actually own a surround sound system with 65 W per channel and some BIG speakers!

Reality is that the neighbours have a young child and I decided it would not be fair to blast them late at night, which is when I watch TV. Also - I keep my bikes in the positions where the speakers would be standing.

I am now using the amp and biggest speakers in my attic music studio at times when the girl is at school and the neighbours are at work. (I'll have to find a use for the spare speakers!)

I am lucky the wall between me and next door is very very very thick so they dont hear much, good job coz I didnt spend all that money not to listen to it.

Top Bottom