Historical Commercial Lorry Run 1 May 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Crystal Palace to Brighton. The lorries start leaving at 7am take a break in Crawley and then on to Brighton yes it's that time again. Hands up :hello:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Count me in. Will meet you in Croydon.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well I hope more people do the ride this year then last when it was only myself and @Tim Hall . But then again it did pee down with rain for the first couple of hours.

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
The ride starts at Crystal Palace between 7.30 -8am, Purley way Tesco is a good meet point by the bus stop 8.20..ish

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The ride starts at Crystal Palace between 7.30 -8am, Purley way Tesco is a good meet point by the bus stop 8.20..ish
Good for me

PaulRide

Always at opposition
I'm wondering if this might be doable this year - I've abandoned my Isle of Wight plan, but have a likely commitment in Otford (of all places) in the evening, so I wonder what the likely timing is for the end of the ride.

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Depending on the stop at Crawley, some tea and a good look at the lorries easy/genteel pace 1-13.30..ish

U

User10571

I could be up for this - weather and work permitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Would anyone be passing through Paddington Hyde Park area at approx 7.30 am ? Or is that cutting it a bit fine to get to the meeting point ?
Hoping to leave by 8am, it's about 50mns from Hyde pk to CP any chance you could get there earlier?

The Purley way/Brighton rd Tesco is doable get the train from Victoria to East croydon then ride down to Purley on the Brighton road.

Top Bottom