Historical Commercial Lorry Run 1 May 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Hoping to leave by 8am, it's about 50mns from Hyde pk to CP any chance you could get there earlier?

The Purley way/Brighton rd Tesco is doable get the train from Victoria to East croydon then ride down to Purley on the Brighton road.

I can't get in to London earlier than 7.21am first train from Maidenhead is 6.38 never mind. Another time

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I can't get in to London earlier than 7.21am first train from Maidenhead is 6.38 never mind. Another time

Get the earliest train then get a wiggle on to catch us up. A lot of the vehicles re not very fast... quite ponderous even.
Last year, myself and @Tim Hall were stuck behind the WW1 gun carriage for a while. doing a thigh busting 5mph behind it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Yes. Purley is the plan at present.

@GrumpyGregry , you up for this? Or are you still in forn parts?
Home this weekend but no pass, nor, tbh, much appetite, for gallivanting.

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Sweet ride yesterday 7of us met at Purley and made our way to Crawley, the mid way stop was changed to the town centre but there were less lorries there. Although the day started a bit cold i ended up with a tan.

Tim Ian Bob Andy Susie and Simon thanks guys

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Sorry to have missed this - I was diverted by a son competing in a piano competition that morning, so postponed my riding until after lunch, when I got out for a gorgeous 45 mile loop into Kent/Sussex borders.

Top Bottom