England : Surrey Historical commercial vehicle run, Crystal Palace - Brighton 04/05/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
In the calender

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Belgium for me, too.
Nearer the time there will no doubt be a thread about getting there and back, but peeps might like to know - for planning purposes - that last time I took train to Dover, ferry to Dunkirk (which is France and not linked to the Belgian railway system), rode to De Panne (which is in Belgium and has a train station), then took train to Brussels for 9I think) about £25. There is some deal with tickets so you buy 10 at a time and have to use them within a year so if there were 10 of us we could do that. Then a five-minute ride to the cafe where we meet, and off we go. From the coast there is a tram that goes all the way along and for (I think) €5 and €3 for the bike you can get back to De Panne. Then a ride to Dunkirk and get the ferry, doze on ferry, and train home from Dover. I believe it is possible for the wealthy middle classes to buy a eurostar ticket to Brussels.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Promise.

rb58

Enigma
Where?? Where??
It's with the gang from my gym. Dartford Crossing, picking up the DunRun route somewhere around Braintree, back from Dunwich via towns with bail out stations. Group includes 2 ladies who have just ridden from Edinburgh to Sidcup in 4 days, so they'll be well prepared.

martint235

Dog on a bike
It's with the gang from my gym. Dartford Crossing, picking up the DunRun route somewhere around Braintree, back from Dunwich via towns with bail out stations. Group includes 2 ladies who have just ridden from Edinburgh to Sidcup in 4 days, so they'll be well prepared.
That could be one to do again in summer!

Top Bottom