England : Surrey Historical commercial vehicle run, Crystal Palace - Brighton 04/05/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
That could be one to do again in summer!
DunRun is 12/13 July. Do it then?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Instead of the Dun Run, I'm thinking of following @kimble's suggestion made on YACF and doing it backwards. Yes, setting off from Dunwich and riding back to the smoke. No problems with trains, peace and quiet in Suffolk, and the opportunity to mess with the heads of all those close-passing undertaking numpties.....

rb58

Enigma
Instead of the Dun Run, I'm thinking of following @kimble's suggestion made on YACF and doing it backwards. Yes, setting off from Dunwich and riding back to the smoke. No problems with trains, peace and quiet in Suffolk, and the opportunity to mess with the heads of all those close-passing undertaking numpties.....
Do you mean riding out in the day and back overnight? I don't really fancy riding those lanes at night time when there are 2,000 cyclists going in the opposite direction.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So has a meet place and time been established?

mistral

Guru
Westow House on north side
or immediately opposite is the Cambridge
or on other side of the junction (Anerley Hill) is the Grape & Grain?

Tim Hall

Thanks - I think even I might be able to manage that.
Adrian is close, but not quite right. Left, as he says, from the station along Haslett Ave (watch for the Blue plaque telling you how it got its name). You'll come to the "Squareabout" (Paymaster General's Roundabout). Take the diagonally opposite exit (Hawth Avenue), going straight on at the next roundabout. Left at the lights onto Southgate Avenue, follow it down to the Stadium.

For further confusion, the stadium has just been rename the Checkatrade.com stadium, and appears as such on the brown signs.

Top Bottom