Hot sun / Laptops..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok I got home .... Had a look in the (green house:becool:) that is built onto the house over looking the garden and decking. My question is I am now sat with my feet up sunglasses on with my laptop on my lap in the sun will it do it any harm:wacko: Or do I need to run in to the fridge of a house?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Direct sunlight might not do the screen much good. Other than that it shouldn't. Many of the chips from the last couple of years run very cool compared to in the past for the same load so I wouldn't be particularly worried on that front.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
According to the chapter in my CompTIA book that I read this morning, it's better to store laptops somewhere cool, although it says not freezers because of moisture and proximity to food. I think the batteries are supposed to last longer in the cool.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Makes you wonder why laptops don't have a solar PV panel on the back of the screen so that you can leave it in the sun to charge up.
It could be hinged so that it still faces the sun even when the screen is up and in use.

That is a good point NT

yenrod

Speicher said:
Yes, you do need to run to the fridge. To get some cool beers, you do not want to get too hot do you? :biggrin:

I luv a dry sense of humour, Speich' - critically funny.

Cinzano, :biggrin: sweety ! :smile:

Top Bottom