Hotels in New York.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My son is getting married in NY in December so I looked at hotels there. I am only going for 4 days and the cheapest hotel in Manhattan is £800 for 4 nights!! Bloody expensive I say. If you add the cost of flight, food etc.... it becomes a very expensive 4 days. Hopefully , it will be my first and only time in America as I have no wish to ever go back there.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
You'll love it. You'll come back with an 'I Trump' tattoo on your bum cheek.

vickster

Legendary Member
Super expensive. London would be no cheaper. You could stay out a bit and travel in but that gets inconvenient

Or you may find booking a package is cheaper

Hope no Brexit or it'll get even more expensive as the pound plummets!!

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You don't have to stay in Manhattan. You can find much better/cheaper hotels across the water in new Jersey or Long Island of which are both short train or cab journeys.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have seen one at the Holiday Inn in Roslyn, Long Island for £400 but how far is it from Manhattan?

That's quite a way out. About an hour on the train from Mid Town.

Look for hotels in Hoboken, Brooklyn or Williamsburg.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Thank you all for your much valued replies. I have taken notes of them all. That is the great thing about this forum, we may have differences on certain subjects but it is always possible to get good , impartial advice on what really matters.

Debade

Über Member
I live just outside of NYC. I think you received some good suggestions. AirBNB is a good choice. If you have time, take advantage of all the great things in NYC. We were there Monday. Took a tour of Grand Central Train Station and went to a museum. The, walked through Central Park. We love walking the High Line. Both are free and fun. Plays can be purchased for half price or less at the 1/2 price ticket window in Times Square. And more ....

Top Bottom