Hotels in New York.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
You don't have to stay in Manhattan. You can find much better/cheaper hotels across the water in new Jersey or Long Island of which are both short train or cab journeys.

This /\ . If I was to go back I'd stay just over the George Washington bridge in NJ it'll be much cheaper, and not that far to cycle.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I just had a look on Tripadvisor / Booking.com, and there seem to be a number of not so extortionate but well-rated hotels available, including;

World Center Hotel, £104 / night
Fairfield Inn, £107
Edge Hotel, £112
The French Quarters, £127
The Lex, £127
The Distrikt, £128

These all have 4+ out of 5 customer ratings, and there are many more if you go up into the £130 - £150 / night range.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am thinking more staying in Manhattan as this is where my son is getting married and my daughter booked there too so avoiding too much travelling. It seems to be an expensive area to stay in though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 4333991, member: 10119"]Hoboken was my favourite place that we visited when we went to NJ, btw.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. It's a great part of town.

I stayed in a cheaper Manhattan hotel the last time I was there. Definitely showing it's age, and I would not recommend it in summer as the air conditioning was retrofitted with a noisy unit in each room, but I bet it's fine in winter. Clean with nice staff. Hotel Pennsylvania (as in the station).

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's a long time ago now (20 years!!) but I stayed here 3 times (paid for by work).
Just did a 4 day quote, and came in at £498, Thurs-checkout Mon.
It was (and acc to reviews remains) seemingly once v grand, but a tad dated.
For me it was excellent, no complaints whatsoever, and in a fantastic location in Manhattan.

Wellington Hotel:

vickster

Legendary Member
Get your son to pay, it's his wedding after all

I've stayed reasonably at the Helmsley, excellent location near the UN, Rockerfeller etc. And very handy for Pfizer opposite for my meeting! Big room compared to most NY shoeboxes

If you think NYC is expensive, try Tokyo!

Top Bottom