How do you get shirts crease free into work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wk495292

I currently cycle in amd out of work 4 days a week on a monday I take the car along with all of my weeks shirts, socks etc. My aim is to commute 5 days a week however this brings the added difficulty of looking presentable at work having had to transport my shirts in my rucksack. Does anyone have a answer to this.

PS I am unable to iron at work, and my work place is closed over the weekend.

Thanks

Jamie

porridge

wk495292 said:
I currently cycle in amd out of work 4 days a week on a monday I take the car along with all of my weeks shirts, socks etc. My aim is to commute 5 days a week however this brings the added difficulty of looking presentable at work having had to transport my shirts in my rucksack. Does anyone have a answer to this.

PS I am unable to iron at work, and my work place is closed over the weekend.

Thanks

Jamie

If I am passing my workplace in my car at the weekend, I will drop all my clothes into work for the week, alternatively I roll my shirts (do the same when packing suitcase).

gavintc

Guru
A good quality cotton shirt will not wrinkle if packed properly. I fold it neatly (the same style as when you buy it). I then put them on hangers at work and wear a shirt than has been hanging for at least a day. I never have problems with creased shirts.

bryce

I iron my shirts at home and take one in when I need it. I find I can get away with wearing the same shirt twice in a week if I don't commute by tube in it - so generally only need 2/3 shirts a week - another benefit of cycle commuting.

As for keeping them flat, first thing to do is fold them pristinely - when you unfold them they won't be creased. Also someone (probably on here or c+) said you should put the folded shirt in a plastic bag, which will keep the creases out. It seems to work for me - and at least keeps it clean.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fold them carefully, drop into plastic bag and put in rucksack/pannier - works every day for me.

Non-iron shirst are a waste of time - blooming terrible to iron.

domtyler

Über Member
Do you not have a dry cleaners near your work place? I haven't ironed a shirt in years, I simply drop the dirty ones at the cleaners and pick up my nice freshly laundered and ironed ones. They charge me £7.99 for five shirts, and this is in the City of London just off Bishopsgate. I reckon that is as cheap as doing it at home and a whole lot less hassle.

domtyler said:
Do you not have a dry cleaners near your work place? I haven't ironed a shirt in years, I simply drop the dirty ones at the cleaners and pick up my nice freshly laundered and ironed ones. They charge me £7.99 for five shirts, and this is in the City of London just off Bishopsgate. I reckon that is as cheap as doing it at home and a whole lot less hassle.

C'mon Dom, what other things do you do to 'save money'. That's lunch and shirts, What else? Shoe shine, bike servicing? I've got you down as wasting about £700 a year. ;)

OP
OP
W

wk495292

Instructions on folding shirts

Does anyone have a link to a site that shows you via pitcures how to fold a shirt correctly. Lame I know but require help

Thanks

Jamie

Top Bottom