Votes: 373 26.2%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 300 21.1%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 167 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 252 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it 80 Miles total each day you commute? Or will it be a 40 Mile commute and you stay for a day or two, then 40 miles home?

Just once or twice a week, definitely not every day!

My commute at the moment is under a mile. From October though, it'll go up to 40 miles one way!

Mine's 70miles each way (or at least was, it'll be about 60miles now), I use the train to make it doable. 4 miles to the station, 50mins train, 11-13miles cycle to my old office (that's becoming 0.6miles :stop:). I only cycled the whole way to the office once I wish I had more often

It was 51miles to my old job that wasn't on a rail line and whilst I cycled the whole way a few times, I mainly drove to a distance I was comfortable with 8, 12 or 17miles and cycled that.

Last edited:

EckyH

24,2km (15.04 miles) one way usually twice a week, fortunately fairly flat with the trusty Robinson.
IMG_20240317_181054_01.jpg

...how the donkey is called.

E.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
mines the opposite
8.5 in the car , 9.7 on the bike to avoid a dangerous roundabout .

I could obviously tip the balance a bit more, however it's diminishing returns in terms of fuel saved versus time taken, plus parking is limited further out. I'd be happy to do a longer ride on the way home but don't really want to get up any earlier as it's already killing me..

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I could obviously tip the balance a bit more, however it's diminishing returns in terms of fuel saved versus time taken, plus parking is limited further out. I'd be happy to do a longer ride on the way home but don't really want to get up any earlier as it's already killing me..

On early shift I'm up at 3.45 am

Top Bottom