How long does a sting or bite pain last for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Here's the lower part of my face after a wasp sting a few years back while out cycling. Never had a reaction like that before! Had to stop cycling for a while, as it started to make my throat swell too, and I figured exercise would probably make it worse.

The upper part of my face remained suitable Clooney-esque. :smile:

#callmepopeye

1276963_10151917247754740_1757698624_o.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Apologies, I couldn't reply immediately because I was driving. Now I have reached my destination, I can give you my full undivided attention. No I don't think that comment was acceptable. It was just offensive and lacked humour.

Ok. I'll take it back about my assumption that you agree with such posts.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
i recently got stung by a wasp right in the forehead whilst out cycling, first time in my entire life, stung for about 5 hours, no lumps etc though

classic33

Leg End Member
Only ever been stung three times. All three bee stings, and at the same time, backside, stomach and .....!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
PS, if wearing a bin lid, especially with the bug scoop editions I wear, just pop on a skull cap/bandanna/buff on yer bonce before said mushroom is fitted.
Check your helmet user manual before doing that because several warn against it as undermining their limited protection.

I take more weight in Autan than in tools on tours.
250px-Spearhead_from_Space.jpg ?

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I used to know a good who kept bees. A local farmer allowed him to take hives and put them in his fields. He was taking honey combs out and putting them in box on his trailer. He said he'd just got in the car when a motorcyclist came past and ran into the few bees that where hanging round the trailer.
The last he saw of him was as he ran across the field throwing off his helmet and leather jacket as he drove off.
I thought he should have stayed and offered some assistance but he didn't.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Here's the lower part of my face after a wasp sting a few years back while out cycling. Never had a reaction like that before! Had to stop cycling for a while, as it started to make my throat swell too, and I figured exercise would probably make it worse.

The upper part of my face remained suitable Clooney-esque. :smile:

#callmepopeye

View attachment 136623

Do we assume Miss Goodbody didn't appreciate your swelling on this occasion?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A mate got stung on his penis while sunbathing on a nudist beach a few years ago. He was in agony and his wife bundled him into the car and rushed him down to A&E. The doctors took one look and decided he needed treatment straight away. As they were wheeling him away on the trolley his wife approached one of the nurses and said,

"I wonder, would it be possible to only half cure it?"

"What do you mean, only half cure it?", replied the nurse.

"Well, take away the pain but leave the swelling...."

Top Bottom