How many BKOOL videos?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TRex

Sufferfest is too action oriented for me. I'm looking for simple, scenic real video footage such as Utah, Normandy, London, wherever. I see Velo Reality has great content, but it's too expensive. BKOOL Simulator also seems to have this type of content, but I can't determine how much. Is it about 10 films or 100? Are they typically 45 minutes? Preemptive thank you! May your ride be excellent.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Sufferfest is too action oriented for me. I'm looking for simple, scenic real video footage such as Utah, Normandy, London, wherever. I see Velo Reality has great content, but it's too expensive. BKOOL Simulator also seems to have this type of content, but I can't determine how much. Is it about 10 films or 100? Are they typically 45 minutes? Preemptive thank you! May your ride be excellent.
At the last count there were over 1,600 videos, lasting from under 5 minutes to nearly 3 hours, from all over the world.
261 of them are between 40 and 50 minutes filming time. If you have a smart trainer, how long they actually take to ride will depend on your speed. If you don't have a smart trainer, you can still use them as a timed session.

OP
OP
TRex

TRex

At the last count there were over 1,600 videos, lasting from under 5 minutes to nearly 3 hours, from all over the world.
261 of them are between 40 and 50 minutes filming time. If you have a smart trainer, how long they actually take to ride will depend on your speed. If you don't have a smart trainer, you can still use them as a timed session.

Asa Post, thank you for taking the time to share that with me! It's very detailed, and, enough to convince me to join you in BKOOL. Just curious, do you have a favorite place (video) to ride?

MiloSnowe

Which is my favourite....
I wouldn't say it's my favourite because it's absolute torture but I visit Mont Ventoux most often.
1 3/4 hrs of constant grind for 13 miles with no flat, downhill or let up.
1500 kcal with an avg heart rate of 168

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Asa Post, thank you for taking the time to share that with me! It's very detailed, and, enough to convince me to join you in BKOOL. Just curious, do you have a favorite place (video) to ride?
Not really. I choose routes depending on the time available, the difficulty, the way I feel on the day.
I like Belgium, and Denmark - some tricky short climbs there - like "Waregem-Ronse" or "Bornholm rundt" (three linked rides round the coast of a Danish island, or one 60 mile ride if you prefer it that way). For a hard effort that I'll regret choosing when I'm half way through, you can't beat one of the classic Tour de France climbs, like the "Col du Tourmalet", or "Alpe d'Huez" if I don't want to suffer for as long.
I can also find flat, fast rides for easy days - such as "Vuelta 2012 E6: Tarazona-Tudela".
But I could have mentioned so many more.

OP
OP
TRex

TRex

Bornholm eh ? I play that map in the game ARMA3 on weekends. Nearly perfect replica of island. Very scenic. Mont Ventoux? I'm beginning to foam from the mouth a little...

MiloSnowe

image.jpeg

I like Waregem-Ronse too. Fits into less than an hour, done it quite a few times, shame it doesn't go up the Oude Kwaremont but uses the main road parallel to it. Did the Col du Glandon last week, wish I hadn't!

JLaw

Veteran
Very little if anything in Utah. I'll be looking to change that over the course of this summer.

Top Bottom