How much feedback from company after complaint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
The other day I made a complaint about a driver of a Tesco delivery van. It's not something I've done before, but it was just some completely unnecesserry bullying behaviour and I'd had enough.

I've had the standard "very sorry, steps will be taken" reply, but have asked for more information so I can satisfy myself that they've dealt with it satisfactorily.
They're refusing to divulge to me any information, not only about this individual case, but also what their policies/practices are in circumstances such as these.

How much information should I be able to get in these circumstances?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
You've probably had all you are likely to get, unfortunately.
My experience with Tesco is that any form of complaint gets a fairly standard response along the lines of what you've had and any attempt to escalate the matter is stonewalled by staff who seem to be employed solely for that purpose.
After a series of events last year we've stopped shopping with them due to their appalling attitude. Judging by their recent financial results, we aren't the only ones to have had enough.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I had a call from a store manager when I complained about an issue with their petrol station. She took my comments seriously and made changes at the pumps as I suggested. I was quite surprised.

classic33

Leg End Member
I had a call from a store manager when I complained about an issue with their petrol station. She took my comments seriously and made changes at the pumps as I suggested. I was quite surprised.
Petrol pumps come with a fair size checklist though.

classic33

Leg End Member
Letter to the chairman, detail the complaint and tell him you are unsatisfied with the speed of response.
It was a she, not a he, at the last time of checking

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Letter to the chairman, detail the complaint and tell him you are unsatisfied with the speed of response.
It was at this point that the "executive" complaints team got involved in my complaint, who were spectacularly belligerent and seemed to take the fact I'd raised the issue as a personal affront. I still can't believe the attitude they had, hence them losing us as customers.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Sounds almost as bad as trying to give a poor product review to wiggle, they keep rejecting it as it breaks their guidelines ...................
I know how that feels. I had to complain before and ask them which of the guidelines were broken. The eventual response is that the reviews are checked by computer, and not a human. Strangely I was trying to leave a largely positive review. I think I have had only 2 successful reviews make it on to wiggle, the rest with mainly negative things to say have been filtered. It just shows that you cannot trust their reviews.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I know how that feels. I had to complain before and ask them which of the guidelines were broken. The eventual response is that the reviews are checked by computer, and not a human. Strangely I was trying to leave a largely positive review. I think I have had only 2 successful reviews make it on to wiggle, the rest with mainly negative things to say have been filtered. It just shows that you cannot trust their reviews.
I just an email back asking what is wrong with the product but no explanation of why my review was filtered .

Top Bottom