How old is my Muddy Fox?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShipHill

Hi gang

standalone

This is a pic of my Muddy Fox which I use on and off for my puny ride to work and the odd jaunt into town or the shops etc. I found it in my mate's shed just over 2 years ago now and I've changed a few bits on it since then to "improve" it. Saddle, handlebars, steering stem, tyres and so forth. I took the front deraillier off when it started acting up and I only use the middle of the 3 front clangers anyway. 6 cogs is plenty for my needs.

What I would like to know however is how old is it? My mate had it years and it was second hand when he first got it.

Cheers

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Not sure of the exact age, but it looks pre Sports Direct which is a good thing.:thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks 90s to me. Being a rigid frame it will last and be tough. Probably not a fancy Cromo tube set, but it will do the job well.

I have an early 90s Diamond Back Ascent with Tange Cromo tubes and it's been great. Still use it off road regularly. No suspension !

OP
OP
ShipHill

ShipHill

Thanks for your responses gang.

It is a sturdy tool, rides nicely and does everything I need it to except it weighs a ton but then again that makes it a bit of a trainer bike.

Well if next year is it's theoretical 20th birthday I'll buy it a wee present.

Cheers

Top Bottom