How to keep fit while not riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

..any ideas?..i can t ride with this busted wrist...well not properly anyway...so I am just sittingbhere getting fat agin...;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Gym - go on the exercise bike thingy's if you don't have a turbo trainer !!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Bigtallfatbloke said:
..any ideas?..i can t ride with this busted wrist...well not properly anyway...so I am just sittingbhere getting fat agin...;)
Sit ups for the tum... jogging, if you like it... rowing machine (I like 'em, blast some music out or watch telly while you do it... not sure if you can do it with a busted wrist though....)... walking... generally keeping active, I guess.... how did you bust it? And does it mean you can't play guitar?

Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer

buggi

Bird Saviour
get on ebay and get yourself a cheapo turbo trainer. that's what i did with my broke collar bone. i think i got it for about 20 quid.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Crackle said:
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
Turbo trainer
+1.
I had a wee op on my wrist in June and have been using a mag trainer (bought for £30 off Gumtree) for a couple of months now and feel a bit of strength in my legs as a result. Real cycling will be the true test, of course. Shouldn't be too long now .....just about at the end of the 'season', I reckon :ohmy:

Meanwhile, because, like you, I can't put weight on my wrist, I have to sit up, so I read a book as I pedal. Needs to be some sort of thriller, though, to keep me sufficiently interested not to notice the time. Up to about 50 mins now - and 2 books down :biggrin:.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

walks sound like th ething then....boring but necessary...yay

Top Bottom