How would the '3 km rule' apply here ...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
thats what they stated in commentary on monday
And having listened to many commentaries by many people, they all confirm that they don't really know the regulations. An acquaintance who happen to be a UCI commissaire is frequently reduced to fiits of laughter by things even old pro riders say. Why should they know? It's the job of the commissaires....

oldroadman

Veteran
Yep, understand fully, With the group comment I was reflecting on the prior question if the say 10 man at 3km group had split further and was down to e.g. 5 man lead group with a time difference ahead of the rest at the line. If you'd been chain ganging at 3km when you fell it is an accidental by-product of teamwork if you are 1st, 5th or 10th and which side of a subsequent split you'd be adjudged to be timed to.

Also you could argue if particular end position is allocated to fallers do any jersey points become theirs too?

I suspect I'm overthinking it all though.
Can't disagree with that!

oldroadman

Veteran
I think the key thing to remember is: if anyone starts arguing about whether they should be given the time of the first split or the second split since they fell, the race organiser could just say "Look do you want the time of the second split or your actual time? Your choice."
I had a little read - time of the group you are with at the time. If there is a split - rare - then the "peloton" (i.e. group 2) time appears to be the one. Not an option for organisers, they don't interpret rules. Thanks be for commissaires who do.

Top Bottom