HP Laptop Opinion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

HP DV7-1000EA

Anyone got an opinion on the above laptop? It's discontinued but I've got the chance of a new, old stock, one at a good price. Looks like good spec but anyone know anything about them?

Thanks in advance.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Very nice.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
shiny screen won't work well in all light conditions but otherwise a crackin laptop. I'm a thinkpad man myself.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

The screen does come in for some flack, not just because it's shiny but it also seems to have poor viewing angles and isn't very bright, because they put a cover over it. It's a Hi-Definition screen though so it must be at least a pretty sharp screen.

Before he bought the iMac the top of the wish list for a while was a T42 Thinkpad. My sister used to always swear by them too but shortly after that period they seem to have gone down the pan. Seems to be the same with most brands of laptop, Toshiba or whoever will make really good ones then they'll muck up and bring out a range of mediocre ones. The alarm bells started ringing about this HP one because it doesn't seem to have been on the market for very long, about a year if not less. To me that suggests that there is something wrong with it. It is missing bluetooth, which is an odd omission at this price level and may be why it was hurriedly replaced.

HP seem to be making solid laptops just now though so still looks like a good buy. I can get it for £550 incidentally.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
thinkpad quality did dip during the change over from ibm to lenovo. back to normal now we think - all we use at work laptop wise.

how many other manufacturers include a three year on site global international warranty as standard on some of their laptops?

excellent price, last years model maybe but last year it was the mutts nutts. This is also my approach to retro mtb's and classic motorbikes....

Top Bottom