Hybrid Required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris1012

Hi guys,

I do not know much about bicycles however I need a bicycle in a budget of £300-£400 to use mainly for leisure - local cycling on the roads, some off road (field with hills and some drops) and possible future commuting to work.

From my limited knowledge and a little research, it seems to me I need a hybrid bike.

The few I have had a look at are the following -

1. 2015 Giant Escape 3 Hybrid
2. Boardman Hybrid Comp
3. Carrera Crosspath Hybrid
4. Carrera Crossfire 2 Hybrid
5. Trek 8.2 DS Hybrid

The bike will be kept outdoors so need a bike that can with stand all weather conditions and ideally less than 11kg in weight (the lighter the better).

I am not sure if there are any other better bikes in my price range and welcome any other suggestions.

Many Thanks

grellboy

Über Member
I had a Boardman Hybrid (comp?) which rode nicely, was faster than you might think and had good resale value too. However, I did have to get the bottom bracket replaced under warranty, but cost me nothing and made it good as new again. Halfords might be replacing this year's models with next year's soon, so might be able to get yourself a bargain.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
The Carrera Subway always gets glowing reviews from owners on here, maybe another one of consideration?

As for outside, are you talking 13 storeys high balcony or back garden? If garden then I'd suggest a good lock/chain & solid padlock and a wall/ground anchor. I'd invest in a bike cover of some sort and ensure you keep to a good cleaning, lubing & maintenance regimen to ensure that the weather and rust don't kill your components too quickly.

Top Bottom