I didn't mean to but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
A day of firsts today: Headed out for a 50ish mile cycle today, tackled a few of Fife and Perth's finest hills up to Auchterarder and got a bit "confused" with my roads - so ended up in Crieff. No choice but to head back the way I came, through Auchterarder and over by Glendevon, then back by Knockhill. 73 Miles in total, 5 hours 32 mins moving time and 13.2 mph average - so longest cycle so far, first metric century (62 miles right?) and probably the biggest hills I've been up. :sweat:

A good day all round! Wee bitty sore now right enough, but better than I was on the bike!^_^

Col5632

Guru
Good stuff Mark, i've never been as far as that so your doing better than me :thumbsup:

I've got to stop going on slow recovery rides. I set of on Friday with the intention of looping at Kincardine; I then decided to loop over the Kincardine&Clackmannan Bridges; I then altered it to a Stirling Loop and ended up at the Carron Valley (far side of Stirling). IIRC last year I popped north for a wee recovery ride and ended up in Auchtermuchty, Dundee & Perth and got home 125 miles later.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I've got to stop going on slow recovery rides. I set of on Friday with the intention of looping at Kincardine; I then decided to loop over the Kincardine&Clackmannan Bridges; I then altered it to a Stirling Loop and ended up at the Carron Valley (far side of Stirling). IIRC last year I popped north for a wee recovery ride and ended up in Auchtermuchty, Dundee & Perth and got home 125 miles later.

I can't even claim to be doing a "recovery ride" - all my rides are as best I can do! Where were you marshalling on Saturday? I passed a van at the Rumbling Bridge junction with a couple of marshals, then another few at the bridge where you turn off the Dunfermline road for Kelty - they gave me a wee encouragement as I think I was looking pretty knackered by then!

I can't even claim to be doing a "recovery ride" - all my rides are as best I can do! Where were you marshalling on Saturday? I passed a van at the Rumbling Bridge junction with a couple of marshals, then another few at the bridge where you turn off the Dunfermline road for Kelty - they gave me a wee encouragement as I think I was looking pretty knackered by then!
Yeah, I was marshalling at the last bend (where there used to be a railway bridge), the Crieff Road/ B915 junction.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I went through Crieff on Saturday too :thumbsup: ...

... and I was a big bit sore on Saturday night.:cry:

:bravo: Well Done You ! :bravo: :wahhey:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Yeah, I was marshalling at the last bend (where there used to be a railway bridge), the Crieff Road/ B915 junction.

Well if you saw someone with a red B'Twin, yellow jacket and helmet going reeeaaaallllyyy slowly - that was me! One of your guys clapped some encouragement to me which was welcome, I managed to gasp "I'm almost home!". End of a long ride for me, was just getting in the way of the speed merchants at that point!

Well if you saw someone with a red B'Twin, yellow jacket and helmet going reeeaaaallllyyy slowly - that was me! One of your guys clapped some encouragement to me which was welcome, I managed to gasp "I'm almost home!". End of a long ride for me, was just getting in the way of the speed merchants at that point!
IIRC you were 'just behind the leaders' ;)

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
IIRC you were 'just behind the leaders' ;)

Ha ha ha, it would be the first and last time!!! They were pretty fast, what I saw of them anyway. By the way, IIRC?? Seen that a few times and struggling to think what it stands for?!?

Ha ha ha, it would be the first and last time!!! They were pretty fast, what I saw of them anyway. By the way, IIRC?? Seen that a few times and struggling to think what it stands for?!?
They were pretty fast, my mate done the 50mile course in just over 2 hours (nearly 25mph) and he was 7 & 1/2 minutes down on the leaders :eek:
IIRC just stands for: If I Recall Correctly. There use to be a good sticky with all the used acronyms, being single I had to look up SWMBO :blush:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
They were pretty fast, my mate done the 50mile course in just over 2 hours (nearly 25mph) and he was 7 & 1/2 minutes down on the leaders :eek:
IIRC just stands for: If I Recall Correctly. There use to be a good sticky with all the used acronyms, being single I had to look up SWMBO :blush:

Ah, nice one - makes sense now. Being married I know exactly what SWMBO stands for! :laugh:

25mph average is mightily impressive, I find 30mph at top speed terrifying!

I find 30mph at top speed terrifying!
Depends the terrain and what I'm doing, 15mph on a narrow twisty road on my own I'll lock up or on any road that's wet or has side roads/ driveways or I just feel like I'm going out of control but on a wider road or in the club I'll do 30+mph without thinking about it. A lot of its psychological (but I'm no good at it :blush:), for me not spinning out helps, I can sometimes go faster on a flat or on a very shallow gradient than I can on a steeper one.

Top Bottom