i have a coach

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamma

Über Member
As the title suggest i do have a do coach. After some talking to the LBS they suggested a local cyclist behind the shop and i messaged him on facebook and asked for his prices and he came back to me asking for a meeting to see the way he does the training plans and to see what riding i had been doing, to help him get a idea and what my targets are for the next year.

Just waiting for pay day so i can get started espically since he knows what he is doing as he is racing elite status with a professional team.

I know some of you have said in the past i don't need one and i should just ride more. I am really targetting next race season as a must to get out of 4th cat.

S-Express

they suggested a local cyclist behind the shop

What was he doing behind the shop?

he knows what he is doing as he is racing elite status with a professional team

Two points to consider here. Firstly, pro cyclists do not always make the best coaches. Secondly, pro cyclists who are still racing as pro cyclists may not have a huge amount of time to devote to coaching you, for obvious reasons.

Having said all that, there is nothing wrong with having a coach, regardless of what level you are at. Having said that (once again), if you are paying for coaching at your level, then I would be targeting a 3rd cat licence within the first few weeks of the new season.

MistaDee

Out of curiosity does he have any coaching qualifications, first aid certifications?, or insurance if you are being accompanied on training rides.

OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member
What was he doing behind the shop?
His house is in the road behind so nothing dodgy

Out of curiosity does he have any coaching qualifications, first aid certifications?, or insurance if you are being accompanied on training rides.

I am not sure but i will ask before hand as for first aid i know a bit but doesn't help me if i get hit by a car

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member
@jamma - you only ever seem to post the title to a thread and then reply a bit in it.

Therefore it's worth answering this; how many base miles are you actually doing? Without those at this time of year then it's a waste of time having a coach.

Oh, and consider this series as a target in January and February: http://velo29events.com/races/winter-series/

I am doing roughly 50 miles a week apart from the next 2 weeks due to bikes being in for service and repair. I have heard about them races but i am going to miss them due to the track gets a load of debris on from cars which have crashed.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I am doing roughly 50 miles a week apart from the next 2 weeks due to bikes being in for service and repair. I have heard about them races but i am going to miss them due to the track gets a load of debris on from cars which have crashed.

+1 to SupersuperLeeds' comment above. My 12yo does 100+ miles a week in training and the rest of his racing club-mates aren't far off this at age 9-14.

You're way, way off the mileage needed. Honestly, unless you're putting the miles in - and those being decent training miles - don't waste your money on a coach.

And as for not wanting to test yourself at Croft - :wacko:

Last edited:
Top Bottom