I Must Be A Wuss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
Was planning on getting out for a couple of hours yesterday, and weather forecast looked pretty good except for a stiff breeze. Got myself ready and then watched the heavens open. Sat down with a coffee and then another, followed by a beer and it became obvious that I needed an ark not a bike.

Today again no rain forecast but was cooler, so got myself ready and set off. Within 300 yards the bike was on it's way back so that my wardrobe could be amended. I had a jersey on with a wind stopper and mits. I came back out with a transfer jacket over the jersey and full gloves this time. It was freezing so off came the shorts and on went the tights. It is August isn't it?

Within 5 mile the heavens opened forcing me to take shelter under some trees, this happened at least 4 times and I had to amend my route so that I could head off home for a towel down and bath for the bike which looked like I had just completed a cross comp.

Anyone else having to go out over dressed this Summer?

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Ride faster....stay warm!

Not so far still in short sleeves and shorts, I tend to step out for 5 minutes before I go out just to get an idea what the temperature is.

wisdom

Guru
Still shorts and jersey for me on the daily commute. However the gilet has been used a couple of times this week.I do take a lightweight rain jacket in my bag.
Shorts dry quickly

Last edited:

50000tears

I did put a base layer on for one ride last week under my summer top. Rode in short sleeve top and cycling shorts on Tuesday evening when it was very windy and a torrential downpour. Almost always short gloves for me, the full fingered gloves don't come out until the temperature drops below 4 degrees.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I'd rather still have working knees at age 40 than worry about rule 5

... wait a minute, I am 40 :-(

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Yup! You are wussier than Larry Grayson's pussy.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'd rather still have working knees at age 40 than worry about rule 5

... wait a minute, I am 40 :-(
And it works :smile: , arm warmers, leg warmers, gilet , full gloves at 6 am and i was happy .

Well not happy i was going to work or i keep finding even more grey hairs.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Im still in shorts but the long sleeve mtb jersey has come out. Its been noticieably cooler riding in for the night shift, also a bit depressing that the lights have had to go back on as well, winter is on its way :sad:

fabregas485

The past few mornings have felt freezing so I been in full winter gear (5am), but I then have to switch to summer gear for the way back.

Top Bottom